2020 Ballina Shire Australia Day Awards - Nominations Now Open!
Do you know someone who makes a significant contribution through their involvement in community based activities, sport, or the arts?
Each year Ballina Shire Council recognises our individuals and groups who go above and beyond through the Australia Day Awards.
However, there’s a catch for the awards to be successful – and that’s community participation. We are urging you, the community, to nominate an individual or group.
You might come across an individual or group daily, or maybe only every so often - but if they make an impression through the positive contribution they make to our community - nominate them today.
Categories for nomination include:
- Community Event of the Year
- Arts/Cultural Award
- Sporting Achievement Award
- Young Citizen of the Year (30 years and under)
- Senior Citizen of the Year (60 years and over)
- Volunteer of the Year
The Citizen of the Year Award will be selected by the Australia Day Committee from all of the nominees across the six categories.
Tips for completing the nomination.
1. View the online form to see what information you need to provide, including the following Selection Criteria:
For Young Citizen, Senior Citizen, Sports, Volunteer of the Year and Arts/Cultural Award nominations consider the following:
• Areas of excellence
• Community involvement and how the community has benefited
• Main achievements and awards received
• Inspiration to the community.
For Community Event Award consider the following:
• Event description, location, date, attendance figures and organising committee.
• If the event raises funds for the community.
• If the event attracts sponsorship.
• Benefits for the Ballina Shire community.
• How the event sets itself apart from other events.
• Plans in place so the event is sustainable in the long term.
2. Draft your responses and compile any supporting documents (note. supporting documents need to be uploaded as one file).
3. Do not refresh your screen, as responses will be not be submitted and we will not be able to retrieve the nomination.
If you prefer to complete a hardcopy nomination form, please contact Corporate Communications on 1300 864 444.
Monday 2 December 2019.
Sunday 26 January 2020.
For further information or assistance please contact:
Corporate Communications | Ballina Shire Council
Ph: 1300 864 444