Lake Ainsworth South Eastern Precinct Project
Ballina Shire Council is seeking to improve the Lake Ainsworth’s south eastern precinct for current and future generations. Council is currently preparing a development application in respect of the proposed works and construction will commence once the development consent has been finalised.
Eastern road precinct
- closure of the Lake Ainsworth eastern road to vehicles
- 3m wide accessible pathway
- BBQ facilities and picnic areas
- sandstone block seats amongst some open spaces
- increased grassed areas
- improved stormwater quality management systems
- restoring and revegetating of the eroded foreshore areas.
Budget: $800,000 including roundabout (see below).
Southern road precinct
- formalisation of the carpark to create additional parking
- restoration and revegetation of the eroded foreshore areas
- roundabout construction adjacent to the Lennox Head - Alstonville Surf Life Saving Club
- architectural features for road and path surfacing.
- Map of Lake Ainsworth Proposal - September 2017
- Interpretative Illustration - Southern Side Open Space
- Interpretative Illustration - Southern Recreation Area
- Interpretative Illustration - Eastern Recreation Area (South)
- Interpretative Illustration - Eastern Recreation Area (North)
- Lake Ainsworth South Eastern Precinct - Factsheet - July 2017
- Media Release 10 February 2017
- Mayor's letter in response to objection of eastern road closure
- Lake Ainsworth South Eastern Precinct - Factsheet - 6 Feb 2017
- Lake Ainsworth - Plan of Eastern Foreshore and Intersection Works
- Lake Ainsworth - Review Environmental Factor - 22 Sept 2016
- Lake Ainsworth - Part V - Notice of Determination - Approval - 7 Feb 2017
Page reviewed Wednesday 25 October 2017.