Local Strategies, Structure Plans and Master Plans
Council prepares local land use planning strategies to investigate and guide future development in the shire. Council's adopted strategies and plans are listed below.
Strategy / Plan and Description
- Alstonville Planning and Environmental Study
- Alstonville Strategic Plan 2037
- Ballina Marina Master Plan (2017)
A master plan to encourage and facilitate redevelopment of the West Ballina Trawler Harbour site.
- Ballina Shire Rural Settlement Character Statements (2014)
Highlights the characteristics and community values of rural settlements in the shire. Included are Newrybar, Tintenbar, Patchs Beach, Meerschaum Vale, Rous, Rous Mill, Fernleigh, Empire Vale, Keith Hall and South Ballina
- Ballina Shire Cultural Plan (2014)
Aims to provide a framework to assist Council to foster cultural activity for the community.
- Ballina Landscape Entry Treatment Master Plan (2013)
Identifies proposed landscaping for the main road entrances into Ballina including tree plantings and sculptures.
- Ballina Foreshore Master Plan (2008)
Outlines land use planning and management options for land along the Richmond River foreshore in Ballina.
- Clark Street Structure Plan & Land Use Review (2014)
Outlines options for potential future development of the Clark Street Industrial Precinct and adjoining Crown Land.
- Captain Cook Park Master Plan (May 2017)
Provides a framework for planning and management outcomes at Captain Cook Park.
- Cumbalum Structure Plan (2006)
Establishes the planning framework for the potential future urban development of the Cumbalum Ridge Urban Release Area.
- Draft Shire Wide Community Based Heritage Study (2008)
Outlines the history of Ballina Shire and identifies items and places of heritage significance.
- Killen Falls Management Plan
Part A - Management Plan
Part B - Background Information
A Plan for the management of Council owned land at Killen Falls.
- Lennox Head Village Vision
Council is seeking the community's feedback on ideas for the Lennox Head village centre.
- Lake Ainsworth Crown Reserve Master Plan (2005)
Provides a framework for planning and management outcomes at Lake Ainsworth
- Lennox Head Community Aspirations Strategic Land Use Plan (2002)
Provides guidance for future Council activities in Lennox Head including land use planning considerations.
- Lennox Head Structure Plan (2004)
Establishes a framework for the provision of new urban release areas in Lennox Head.
- Martin Street Boat Harbour Precinct Master Plan (2016)
Provides a new vision for the Martin Street Boat Harbour and adjacent foreshore of the Richmond River.
- Ocean Breeze Reserve Master Plan (2017)
- Ocean Breeze Reserve Background Report
A master plan to guide the use and provision of facilities in Ocean Breeze Reserve.
- Pop Denison Park Master Plan (2016)
Pop Denison Park Master Plan Report
Provides a framework for the future enhancement of Pop Denison Park.
- Porter Park Concept Plan (2014)
- Council resolution endorsed concept plan for Porter Park.
- Southern Cross Precinct Masterplan (2008)
Identifies proposed future land use arrangements for Council owned land in the vicinity of the Southern Cross Industrial Estate and Ballina/ Byron Gateway Airport.
- Richmond River Recreational Boating Study (2005)
Examines servicing and infrastructure associated with the Richmond River.
- Tosha Falls
A Plan for the management of Council owned land at Tosha Falls.
Tosha Falls Management Plan Part A
Tosha Falls Management Plan Part B
- Wardell Strategic Plan 2015 - 2035 (2016)
The Wardell Planning and Environmental study outlines a vision for Wardell and contains background research which lead to the development of the Wardell Strategic Plan 2015 - 2035. The strategic plan contains actions to be implemented during the 20 year life of the plan.
- West Ballina Structure Plan (2011)
Outlines Council's land use planning framework for currently non urban areas in the West Ballina locality.
- Wardell Community Based Heritage Study (2004)
Identifies items and places of natural and cultural heritage significance in the Wardell area.
Strategies / Plans in Preparation
information on the preparation of the Alstonville 2037 Strategic PlanRead more
information on the preparation of the Wollongbar 2039 Strategic PlanRead more
provides links to Wardell strategy documents for 2015 - 2035Read more
Ballina Marina Master Plan to encourage and guide redevelopment of the Trawler Harbour West BallinaRead more